What happens when I get disconnected while involved in a hand?
What happens when I disconnect while involved in a hand?
- If you are disconnected, and therefore unable to act on your hand while having chips invested in the pot in a ring game, you may be given extra time to reconnect.
- While each user is responsible for his or her own Internet connection, we make an effort to protect players who are disconnected during a hand or final stages of a tournament (with a buy-in), by allowing you time to reconnect, known as Disconnection Extra Time (DET).
- The exact amount of extra time given depends on the type of game and the size of the pot at the time of your disconnection.
- However, if you do not reconnect during this time, your hand will be folded, regardless of your investment in the pot or the strength of your hand.
- For more information on DET, click here.